The goal of the first Open Science Commons workshop (19 May 2015) is to discuss with representatives from funding agencies, policy makers, data archiving organisations, knowledge institutions, research infrastructures and e-Infrastructures how to collaboratively contribute to the development of an open science commons.
The workshop will take place at the EGI Conference 2015, to be held in Lisbon, Portugal (18-22 May).
The preliminary list of topics to address are:
– the governance, policies needed at national and European level to implement the Open Science Commons
– the economies of scale achieved by sharing of instrumentation, data, e-Infrastructures and knowledge
– the role of member states to ensure the availability of persistent national e-Infrastructures for archiving, storage, computing, networking and other horizontal capabilities necessary to support Research Infrastructures, and of the EC in federating these to support the ERA
– the access policies needed to avoid a digital divide in Europe
– how Research Infrastructures can benefit from the Open Science Commons
– the roadmap for the implementation of the Open Science Commons